What to Take on a Hunt

                  Well the first thing you should never forget is the item you will be harvesting the animal with, like a bow or a gun. Always make sure the weapon is clean and in good working order. In my case I use a crossbow and every time I go out I make sure my strings are well waxed. You may need to take a knife and I’m not talking about a butter knife. You need to get a skinning knife or a gutting knife so that when you harvest you animal you need to be able to dress it out in the woods. Also make sure you take a pair of disposable gloves for when you dress the animal. Depending on the season of the hunt, let’s say its winter take a good pair of water proof, 20 below hunting boots I prefer rocky boots. Take a good wool hat so that you can keep the heat in your body and not letting it escape. For your legs you should wear a pair on Thermax long johns, then a pair of wool paints, then a pair of waterproof pains so that while walking through the snow you don’t get you wool paints wet. If you get your inner lining paints wet you might as well turn around, because in turn when you sit down you will be prone to getting hypothermia. For your torso you should also wear a wool flannel. Do not get wool and cotton mixed up, cotton doesn’t wick away moisture like wool will. Also, when cotton gets wet it takes along time for it to dry unlike how wool can dry quickly. Then you should wear a wool sweatshirt, then a cold weather jacket that is waterproof. A pair of cold weather gloves. Always wear an orange vest doesn’t matter if you think you’re the only one out there, its just a good safety procedure. Take a flashlight so if you’re out there at night you can find your way and if you do get lost and call for help your orange vest will be easier to spot then your tradition camouflage. I take a deer call when I hunt to attract deer in, and if I need the deer to put its head up I will make a small blunt sound so that I can get the perfect shot. If your looking at this post and are thinking of going out to hunt also look up a professional hunter’s page to get more experienced knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why to Hunt

Why hunting and fishing is necessary