Getting ready for the seasons

When you are getting ready for the season, there are some things that you should do before everything begins. One thing is that what are you hunting from like a tree stand, a hunting blind, or just sitting down behind a tree. If you are using a tree stand and it is still in the tree, go out and look at it to make sure everything is in working order. If it is like my tree stand it has a ratchet strap that keeps it connected to the tree. You would want to make sure that the ratchet strap is still in working order and that it has not ripped anywhere or loosened. If you hunt from a hunting blind most likely you had taken it down after last season. Get it out and pop it up to make sure there are no holes in it, and it doesn’t smell like mouse feces. Some hunters like setting up their blinds early in the season so it starts looking like it belongs there. Though my blind is easy to set up so I will set it up every time I go out and take it down every time I leave. If you are just hunting behind a tree and sitting on a log, I suggest that you make a small ground blind out of tree limbs and sticks so that you sent won’t be thrown around everywhere while your hunting. I suggest that you throw a game camera out so that you can see what is passing by your spot, and the great thing about that is that you don’t have to be there when the animal walks by. I use one and I was able to get some photos of foxes and turkeys and in the beginning, I didn't know what was all out there. By placing it on a tree I was also able to get many photos of Does and Bucks. The great thing about a trail camera is that it can show you the date and time of when the photo was taken. By this you will be able to see when the game you are after are at your hunting location. I like this because I can see when the deer are more likely to come to my spot. With the camera I found out I will have better luck hunting in the evening. The morning is when there are turkeys in my spot and its only deer season right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why to Hunt

What to Take on a Hunt

Why hunting and fishing is necessary