My Experiences

          Through many years of my life, I have spent a lot of time hunting, fishing, and experiencing the great outdoors. I have been deer hunting, squirrel hunting, cooning, duck hunting, mushroom hunting, gone fishing in all the lakes and farm ponds in my area. though my favorite time to go hunting is when me and my father drive up to New York where we are members of a hunting club so far north that we are 10 miles from the Canadian border. I love this time because it's an all-boys club. It's a 3-room cabin heated by a wood stove. About 10 miles from a store in either direction and every morning and evening we go out into the Woods and go on watch. That is what the owner of the club calls hunting. Last year we went up and there were around 15 guys they're at the camp. it's always a lot of fun when there's more people there due to more stories and experiences to listen to. The owner of the camp owns a bakery and so every meal we eat about 4 loafs of bread, and dinner mostly consists of deer meat. Though my cousin went up there just in the past few weeks and shot a nice size black bear. So, when me and my father make the trip up to hunting camp this year, we are having bear as one of the meals to celebrate his first black bear. Through all the years I have gone up to hunting camp I have never shot anything or even seen a deer. Though to me hunting camp isn’t about killing a deer, its about the experience. My next favorite experiences are when I got the opportunity to go electrofishing with ODNR, it was truly an amazing experience. I caught 2 sucker carp and a flathead catfish. After this experience I filled out paperwork and now I am a volunteer for the Salt Fork Fish Unit. One day I wish I will be able to work for ODNR. I love the outdoors with so much passion. Another amazing time I had in the outdoors is when me and my three best friends went on a senior trip to AEP Recreational land which is now Jesse Owens state park. We slept in tents and went fishing in many ponds in the area. It was an amazing time and I was glad that I was able to spend it with my brothers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why to Hunt

Fishing